Friday, November 14, 2008

Hello and Welcome to my blog!

Hello, come on in. Glad you stopped by! I'm just getting settled in here, lots of unpacking to do. Those boxes are full of ideas to share and through that doorway is the library. I love books. Do you? Why not sit down in that big armchair over there and visit with me for a while. I was just about to make a pot of coffee . . . .

My plan is to have a place where we can talk and share ideas about building success. How would you define success for yourself? For me, beyond the financial and personal goals, it would be all of those things I put under the heading of "having options". I'm talking about being able to afford the freedom to make choices. To choose where I live and work, to set my own hours, to take a vacation when I want to . . . options that are not possible when you have a J.O.B. (Just Over Broke).

I work from home as a virtual assistant and love it! But I also realize that having just one source of income would be like having all of my eggs in one basket. So, maintaining several revenue streams by working with multiple clients is critical (and challenging). We'll talk more about that in upcoming posts.

Building Outrageous Satisfying Success involves many things and each one of us creates our own unique, success recipe. Look for future posts relevant to virtual assistants and others who want to work from home, active vs. passive income streams, social media marketing, saving money, and other topics. I'll be sharing ideas for books, resources, tools and *freebies* that I hope you'll be able to use in developing your plan for "having options" and building success.

I have a little blog-warming gift for you! It's a free tool from Microsoft: Instant PDF Creation. Have you ever used a PDF creator to convert a Word document with a clickable URL link into a PDF only to find that the link in the PDF document is not active (not a clickable link)? If you have, then you're going to love this! This free plug-in is for users of Office 2007. Enjoy ~

No comments: